A contract with Lanetech assumes the following terms and conditions of supply:
- Cheque made payable to ‘Lanetech’ – terms strictly 30 days from date of invoice. In the case of payment agreed by standing order, the invoice value will be spread over 12 monthly payments to be made as agreed. Failure to render any monthly payment will make the remaining balance due and liable thereof. Failure to render due payment may lead to decommissioning of the website and associated services.
- Domain Name registration fees are annually recurring and will be invoiced 30 days before next renewal date. This fee must be paid to retain the right to use any domain names associated with your website.
- Webspace rental fees are annually recurring and will be invoiced 30 days before next renewal date. This fee must be paid to retain the webspace hosting your website.
- The client warrants that copyright over any materials supplied to ‘Lanetech’ for use in the website are so provided with any required due entitlement, copyright and permission and indemnifies ‘Lanetech’ against any costs or damages incurred resulting from the use thereof.
- ‘Lanetech’ retains the copyright to the site, but grants the client a perpetual license for its use. Should the client wish to assign the website to another Internet Service Provider, ‘Lanetech’ will provide a copy on CD-ROM and decommission the site for a charge equivalent to the hourly rate required to conduct the job. Any photographs provided by ‘Lanetech’ for use on the site must either be purchased or will be removed from the site in this circumstance. The balance of any annual fee remaining will not be refunded unless the decision is due to an agreed and irredeemable failure of service.
- ‘Lanetech’ retains the copyright and ownership of any photographic material provided by itself for the client’s website, unless expressly agreed in writing. Such provided material may not be used outside of the website for which it was intended, nor copied, distributed or otherwise used for any purpose whatsoever.
- Where a website is built using the Lanetech CMS, ‘Lanetech’ retains ownership of the website codebase. If the website is transferred away, the client will have rights only to agreed text and images, not to the underlying code.
- ‘Lanetech’ can provide no guarantee, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, as to availability, speed or any other facet of the website’s performance. In the event of the client being dissatisfied with any such aspect, upon registration of the issue in writing a remedial plan will be agreed.
- ‘Lanetech’ will not be held responsible for any loss or damages through unavailability or degraded performance of any aspect of the website or associated e-mail facilities.
- The client’s attention is drawn to the subject of virus infection that can possibly arise from the use of the Internet. ‘Lanetech’ strongly recommend the use of an anti-virus package that is kept up to date, plus a common sense policy of not accepting e-mail attachments from unknown or dubious sources.
- The client’s attention is also drawn to the subject of security that can possibly arise from the use of the Internet. E-mail is not a guaranteed manner of document delivery and should not be relied upon in circumstances where such guaranteed delivery is required for timeliness or legal reasons.
- Inclusive support provided for the website and email is done so on the basis that any instruction issued by ‘Lanetech’ for the clients protection is heeded and actioned. Any remedial support provided as the result of failure to implement protective measures will be charged at the prevailing hourly rate.
- The client warrants that facilities provided by ‘Lanetech’ (including webspace and e-mail) will not be used for:
- Illegal material – this includes (but is not limited to) copyrighted works, commercial audio, video or music files and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation. Any material of religious, cultural, sexual or other offense by whatever means. Any material promoting violence, terrorism or any other illegal act.
- Adult material – this includes (but is not limited to) pornography, erotic images or otherwise lewd or obscene content. Any material not deemed to be publicly acceptable and decent
- Warez – this includes (but is not limited to) pirated software, CD-ROMs, emulators, hacking or any other techniques intended to gain unlawful access to systems and/or information.
- The client warrants that e-mail facilities provided by ‘Lanetech’ will not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (‘spamming’) under any circumstances. Any such use may render any and all accounts terminated with no rebate.
- Where ‘Lanetech’ handles e-mail enquiries on behalf of the client, no liability will be accepted for bookings that are not ultimately fulfilled nor any loss or liability incurred by the client through such a booking not being competed or paid for. For accommodation booking, it is the client’s ultimate responsibility to confirm the booking in writing directly with the bookee. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions of use at any time without cause, such changes will become effective as soon as they are on the web site. Please check this page regularly.